Worcester Fencing Club Policies
Please become familiar with these policies prior to registering for a class or purchasing a season pass for open fencing. Thank you.
- Fencers and spectators must comply with all special rules and procedures instituted in response to COVID 19. Scroll Down for Covid Rules
- Full payment for classes is due by the first day of class.
- US Fencing Membership is required for everyone using the facility, as is a signed, completed copy of our enrollment form.
- Sportsmanlike behavior is required of everyone using the facility, including fencers, students, coaches, parents, and spectators.
- There are no refunds or credit for missed classes, but students are welcome to use one of our regularly scheduled classes as a make-up.
- There are no refunds or transfers of season passes.
- Fencers are expected to treat the facility and equipment with respect, and to return all equipment used to its proper place before departing.
- Mask, jacket, underarm protector, glove and long pants are required when doing bladework.
- Worcester Fencing reserves the right to make, display and/or publish individual photographs.
- Worcester Fencing is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please leave valuable items at home and remember to take your belongings with you when you leave.
- Open Fencing participants must be USFA members and have some prior fencing experience. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please be considerate of our neighbors and do not park in front of loading docks or garage doors, or in spaces marked for other tenants (including those marked "visitor". There is additional parking available in the lot across the street.
Club COVID-19 Guidelines for In-House Training
masks are required by all fencers, coaches and visitors.
will enter through the front door and exit through the back door to reduce
unnecessary congestion on the stairs. Please keep in mind that our front
door is also used by the first-floor tenants.
should come dressed to begin their workout. Changing rooms will not
not arrive early for your class.
social distancing on the stairs while waiting to be admitted. Masks must be worn on the stairs.
must use hand sanitizer or wash hands when entering and leaving the club.
guests or family members may accompany fencers into the club, with the exception
of one guardian for youth fencers.
separated "fencers' stations" will be set up with a chair,
target and adjacent strip. Upon arrival, fencers will be directed to one
of these stations to be their home base for the session.
must have their own equipment, take it home with them, and wash it before
their next class. Contact us to arrange to borrow equipment.
handshakes or elbow bumps, salute only.
have suspended all beverage and snack sales. Please bring your own
will be sanitized frequently. Fencers are also asked to bring their
own hand sanitizer and wipes.
one person at a time in the bathrooms.
not enter the club if you have experienced any COVID symptoms in the past
14 days, or been in contact with someone who has.
not enter the club if you or members of your household are not following
the CDC and Massachusetts guidelines for masks and social distancing.
not enter the club if you have regular close contact with someone at a
high risk from COVID.
will continue to offer on-line classes.